I think everyone has their own version of muesli bars and this is ours. I can't really remember where I first found this, perhaps on the back of a packet of sugar or something?!? Anyway, the recipe in my (old,messy) recipe book is the original but I've changed it up abit to accomadate different (fussy, grrr..) tastes.
1 Cup rolled oats
1/2 cup SR Flour, sifted
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 tblspn honey OR golden syrup (kind of tastes like anzac biscuits if you use the g.s)
1. Combine the oats, flour, coconut and sugar in a bowl and mix it until they're combined.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan then add the honey (or golden syrup) and stir together.
3. Pour the melted butter/honey into your bowl of dry ingredients and stir it all together.
4. Tip it into a greased slice tin and squish it all down evenly.
5. Bake in a moderate (more on the slower side?) about 160-170degrees for 15-20 minutes.
6. Once it's cooked and out of the oven slice it into whatever size pieces you like, but do it while it's still hot.
7. Remove slices from pan when they're cold. And proceed to eat. From a pretty plate if possible.
You can (and we probably should but again, the fussy eaters!!) add some sultanas, chopped apricots or even nuts. Actually throw in whatever looks good really. They're great for after school treats or in their lunchboxes. (I welcome any easy, healthy, tasty lunchbox treats here anytime!) Lovely with a cup of tea too!