It's Wednesday...as good a day as any to talk all things cake don't you think?? Yep...thought as much...
To be exact we are talking, discussing, drooling over Banana Cake...that would be Banana Cake with Choc Chips melted and swirled all the way through....
When I went hunting for a banana cake recipe recently I was looking for something tasty and easy...as always. Anyway, this one is made a little differently to the usual method of making a cake but definitely no more difficult. Definitely!!
Shall we get on with the all important stuff then??
Banana and Choc Chip Cake
125 gm butter
1/3 cup raw sugar
1 1/2 cups SR flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg - slightly whisked (just grab and use a fork)
2 ripe bananas - mashed
1/4 cup milk
Choc Chips - as many as you like
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees
2. Grab a saucepan and melt the butter, sugar and vanilla
3. Once melted take it off the heat and throw in your mashed up bananas. Stir until just blended.
4. Now mix in the whisked egg.
5. Stir through the flour, then the milk.
6. Lastly toss in those delicious little choc chips. Once these hit the still-warm mixture they will immediately start to melt. Work kind of quickly so that you will still have some chunky bits of the choc chips as well as the beautiful melted chocolatey swirls.
7. Tip mix into a greased and lined cake tin.
8. Bake for approx 30 - 40 mins...depending on your oven.
9. Allow to cool a few minutes in the tin until tipping out onto a cooling rack.
10. I strongly STRONGLY suggest you try some of this whilst still warm. Seriously!!!
My plan when I baked this was to spread some type of icing on top...vanilla probs...but it really doesn't need it. My son can be
So there we have it...afternoon tea is sorted for today.
See you soon......