So today we are back in the kitchen for a little weekend baking. On a Friday. Always good to be early I believe.
Today's recipe is for White Chocolate Cookies. Which basically means one day I went to bake good old regular choc-chip cookies, realised we had no dark choc chips so I bashed out a white chocolate milky bar, threw that in instead and hey....we had delicious white choc biscuits to dunk in our tea. Coffee. Milo. Milk.....
A few people have asked for the recipe so.....here we go.....
115 grams butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspn vanilla
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1/4 cup milk
white chocolate - either the buttons or chips you can grab in the baking section of your sup or just cut up a white chocolate bar. For these I used 1/2 a 180gm block.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Beat together the soft butter and sugar. Once that is pale throw in your egg and vanilla and beat some more.
3. Now sift in the flour and stir through. Add your milk and lastly toss in whatever chocolate you haven't already eaten off the chopping board.
4. Scoop spoonfuls (I use a teaspoon) onto a greased or lined baking tray then throw in the oven for approx 12 minutes.
5. Allow to cool a little on their trays before shifting them to their cooling rack.
6. Try one whilst it's still warm and tell me they are not delicious!??!!
I have to admit I'm not really the biggest fan of white chocolate but these really do work!! Plus they have a kind of half-cake-half-biscuit texture which is always a good thing surely!!
I'm now off to clean up the house before it's time to pick up the kids and they come home to mess it up again. Apparently that's how we roll......
Happy Weekend and Happy Baking!!!