Are we feeling like a little weekend baking??
I baked these muffins earlier in the week and thought I could share the recipe here with you guys. They are easy, tasty and pretty much made-up-as-we-bake.....
Banana and Chocolate Muffins
2 large bananas, mashed
2 cups self-raising flour
1/4 cup raw sugar
3 tablspns butter, melted (do this first so it has time to cool!!)
1/2 cup milk
1 tablspn cocoa powder
2 tablspn boiling water
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
2. In a large-ish bowl throw flour (sifting optional), sugar, eggs, mashed banana, milk, and butter. Beat until well combined (use an electric beater, spoon or whisk...your pick)
3. Now in a small bowl, cup etc stir together the boiling water and cocoa powder, it will be a lovely brown runny mix.
4. Now add that runny mix into the banana-ry mixture and just very lightly swirl it through. DO NOT (sorry, bit capital-letter bossy here) mix it right in.
Your mixture should now look a bit like this.............
5. Ok, now start spooning the mix into your greased/lined muffin tins. This mixture will make about 12 large muffins.
6. Bake for approx 15-20 minutes.
7. Try eating them fresh and warm from the oven.....delicious!!!
These are certainly not an overly sweet muffin but we like it like that around here. However there is certainly nothing stopping you from adding extra sugar in if you feel it needs it. I think a splash of vanilla extract could work quite nicely too.
Right....off you pop to that kitchen and enjoy!!!!
Have a Happy Weekend!!.................