Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Patchwork Quilt Cover....tick......

Hey there...quick post today to share the finished, that's right, c.o.m.p.l.e.t.e.d. patchwork quilt cover I have been sewing away at for my daughter. I really loved making this...I love sewing things that ARE NOT clothes...they don't need to fit around oddly shaped body parts and, in this case anyway, there wasn't even a pesky pattern to follow. Just pretty little squares, some more square-ish than others I will admit, to cut and then sew together.....

                                                                             


For the opening end of it I decided to just sew up a few ties and use them...I'm liking those pretty bows....

                                                                               


And for the back I used an old white valance that was sitting unassumingly in the linen cupboard and chopped it to size....worked a treat!!

                                                                                 


Most importantly though...my daughter loves it..phew!! She is a real rainbow girl so this, I think, is perfect for her.....

                                                                                 


I would now love to have a go at quilting however I will be buying pre-cut squares for that one.....apparently one needs to be very exact with all that...hhmmmm, could be a worry for this slap-dash girl......

                                                                                   


So...there we have it....another project down.....7398 or there abouts to go....

Enjoy your Wednesday yes?!!


                                                      Janelle  xx                                                                              

2 comments:

  1. Hello Janelle! I hope you're well. Your patchwork quilt cover is simply beautiful - clever you! Frankly, the thought of quilting actually frightens me but, you know, I might just (and I mean just) cope with a quilt cover. The ties are genius too. What a lucky daughter you have.

    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hello there!! Lovely to hear from you! You know this was actually so easy and really a lot of fun...give it a whirl I say!! xx

      Delete