Friday, August 10, 2012

The Special Box...

Yesterday my daughter had to choose 5 of her very favourite things to put in the 'special box' at kindergarten. Each child gets a turn at doing this and they then have a little show and tell with the class to share all about their fave special things. Great idea! Although trying to get a 4 yr old to narrow their fave things down to just 5 is a little, um, shall we say challenging?!

                                                                                  

I thought I would have my own little 'special box' today too and show and tell. So here goes....

First of all the box....




We bought this old chest a year or so ago just because we loved it. It's very old and lovely and raw  looking. It's been sitting in a spare room all lonely and forgotten but I dragged it out the other day to use as a coffee table. We haven't had a coffee table for years as it seemed just another hard object for small children to climb up on then fall down from! Hopefully now the kids are abit bigger that won't happen? So far so good.....

Favourite morning tea mug. Love the gorgeous colour!.....


And while enjoying that morning cuppa I came across these very pretty pics. A bit of colour splashed here and there is one of my favourite things at the moment. Loving the pinks in this..... 

Australian Home Beautiful

Favourite artworks in the house courtesy of 3 extremely talented little people!!!.....



Love this old trunk that we found in my grandparent's shed and was possibly their grandparents? Anyway we painted it white and it now sits happily in the girls' room....



This little box is one of the first things I would grab if the house was on fire. My eldest daughter made it for me for a mothers day present at kinder when she was 3. It sits (very stylishly!) pride of place next to my bed....


Ratty old looking jug........


Chair, umbrella,bag.....



Really this could go on and on. Let's just leave it with some pretty pink petals and call it a day?!......



Could you narrow your favourite things down to 5 or so?!?

            

                            Janelle  xx










                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment