Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hhmmmm......

Okay, another project on the go today......


                                                                            
One that I have been putting off for awhile now because I'm really not too sure how to go about the painting with this and I don't want to fudge it up.....



I was quite excited to find this sitting in the back of an op shop and immediately snapped it up having visions of it painted up and sitting around my house looking fabulous. At the moment it is covered in a yucky orange varnish that is peeling off everywhere. Don't mind the peely part but the orange varnish must GO!.....



My dilemma now starts with how I actually want the paint finish to look. Colour is a no-brainer...white all the way. But do I want a solid white paint finish and would that be shiny or matte?? Do I strip off all that foul varnish and start on a completely clean surface? (Actually I can answer that one now. With a big No. Just can't be bothered and too impatient really) Do I undercoat or just slap the top coat straight on. Do I maybe white-wash it??? Oh the pressure!!!......



So, I have gotten as far as scrubbing it and giving a light sand and now it's time to dip the brush and get started!! Which tub do I dip into?? How much do I slap on?? Should I get a grip and just get on with doing SOMETHING?!!?  Yes, I think so....




Right then, off I go. Really. Hopefully I have more to report in the next few days. Maybe.

Any input appreciated!!.....


                                   Janelle  xx
                                                                              
                                                 
                                                                                 
                                                                                


                                                                                                                                                                    

2 comments:

  1. Great bench.
    I'm glad you gave it a light sand because I would have suggested it. Have you already got your paint because you can buy paint with undercoat already mixed through. That would be my 1st option. If you have your paint and it has no undercoat mixed through I'd be tempted to undercoat it first. If this piece will be outside maybe a gloss paint.
    I hope you post a picture of it finished.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah. I've already slapped some undercoat on, looking better already!

    ReplyDelete