Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Hey!! What's news? What's up?? More importantly...what's cooking????

It's cupcakes on this side of the screen...it's very often cupcakes on this side of the screen...and rightly so I say...quick...easy...tasty...no other reason needed right?!?

                                                                                   


So, this afternoon, with school pickup looming in on me, and after school activities rearing their ugly head up too, it seemed we were lacking a few items in the pantry...namely food. How the heck this is constantly happening I have absolutely no idea as I'm pretty much a full time tenant in the local supermarkets these days yet are way too frequently told "THERE'S NOTHING TO EAT!!!"

Anyhoo...where was I???

                                                                                 

Cupcakes. So.....with not much time to spare I called on my tried and tested never-fail-me cupcake recipe...quick and easy at the best of times but I have recently been cutting back on time and effort even more and pretty much just standing in the kitchen, flinging the ingredients in the mixing bowl, scooping said mixed ingredients into pretty papers and tossing in the oven. All up I think it takes me around 5 minutes. When I have the luxury of time and feel rather goddess-baker-in-the-kitchen type thing I will still abide by the rules and cream my butter and sugar, fold in my flour, and pamper my mixture but really...the old bang it all in and throw towards the stove pretty much does the same thing.

                                                                               

Today I made the executive decision to add in some dark choc chips just before spooning mixture into the papers...my main reason being I wasn't going to have time to ice these babies before racing in to pick my other babies up from school so I figured the added treat of chocolate would more than make up for any lack-of-icing type disappointment.

Apparently it did.

Thought I may as well share this basic recipe with you guys...think I may have before....waaaaay before....but one can never have enough cake recipes on repeat within one's blog I find...don't you??

Right...let's go.......

                                                                                 


                                                  Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Ingredients

115grams butter - almost melted
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
teasp vanilla
1 3/4 cups SR flour - sifted
1/2 (a big 1/2) cup milk
choc chips - however much you like!!

Method

1. Preheat your oven to 170-180 degrees

2. In your mixing bowl throw in all your ingredients - except the choc chips - and beat for a couple of minutes until your mixture is all delicious and pale and creamy

3. Stir through the choc chips

4. Scoop up a finger full of mixture, making sure to grab some choc chips, and lick

5. Wash hands

6. Scoop spoonfuls of  mixture into your papers

7. Bake for approx 12-15 minutes

8. Allow to cool on cooling racks

9. Or eat whilst still warm and chocolate is still mouth watering gooey

                                                                               


Aaaannndd that's it from me for now.

Let me know how you go if you try these...or better yet let me know what other fab things we should be adding to our humble cupcakes...love to hear!!!

                                                                                 

Happy happy baking peeps!!!


                                                                            Janelle  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment