Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday Catch Up.......

Hello? Anybody still out there???
Actually I can't really blame you if you haven't been around here much lately as clearly...neither have I!!?! Not for want of loving this little space here...much more ...yawn...boring than that...yep, just normal everyday life has seemed to be rather full on of late.
HOWEVER!!!...I am determined to make more time for popping in here as I really do love a good blogging sesh.
Ok...so where do we begin...how's about here, in my shop. Yep...MY SHOP!!!!
Yay for me!!! Ahem....ok not so subtle but I am really pleased to finally have somewhere special to pop all my little handmade goodies in as I create them...

                                                                               

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/AWhiteFarm?ref=search_shop_redirect

Painting of course is still continuing...as it always seems to continue in some form or another around here. After painting the living room chimney charcoal grey I was innocently sitting at our dining table one evening when I happened to glance from the freshly painted living room chimney over to the unsuspecting kitchen chimney...I think we can all guess what happened next.....

                                                                               
                                                                                  

Yep.

And whilst we're talking all things kitchen...?..here's a pic I snapped of our "new and improved...kind of" dining area.....featuring new dining chairs and THE rug that has been dragged all about the house a few hundred times until I got fed up with it, sewed the three runners together and shoved it under the dining table as a kind of experiment.....

                                                                                   

So far I love having a rug under the table...cosys things up AND hides a million and one crumbs...but I am on the lookout for a diff rug which is actually proving a tad trickier than one would think as our table is pretty large so I have to find an extra large rug to sit well and be in proportion with everything...any suggestions on shops or websites with fabulous floor rugs are more than welcome...:))...

                                                                                     
                                               
And on a bit of a sad note here is our teeny tiny lamb Max who we found abandoned in our paddock a month or so ago...he is only a few hours old here...look at that cute saggy baggy skin. Anyway...we brought Max in and fed him...gave hin a little home...and tried to fatten him up...however sadly Max was only strong enough to survive a week before he passed away from what we suspect was pneumonia...he did liven up our household whilst he was around though...

                                                                                   


On a cheerier note...baking!!! OF COURSE we have been baking up a storm as usual - recipe coming up this week - though if you follow me on instagram (awhitefarm) you will know my trusty old electric hand mixer decided to completely blow up on me and has left me whisking and stirring things by hand. BY HAND!!! I am currently saving pennies to purchase a benchtop electric mixer...donations can be forwarded to the farm thanks......

                                                                               



And I think I'll wrap things up here...I hope you have all been keeping well and happy and continue to stick around here for a chat...hoping to give this little part of the blogging world a bit of an update over the next few weeks...fingers crossed I don't accidently delete the whole thing!!?!!

Oh and pop over to my instagram feed to be in the running to win one of these snuggly chunkies...

                                                                               


It's easy peasy to enter...plus I'd love to see you over there...lot's of fun...promise!!

See you soon....


                                                  Janelle  xx                                

1 comment:

  1. Glad all is ok-always love seeing what you have bought or what you are doing always nice looking at pics of your lovely home.

    ReplyDelete