Tuesday, August 19, 2014

DIY Dipped Stool.........

Hey there and Happy Tuesday!! Got your paint brush ready? We are talking paint projects today folks. Well...we are talking about A paint project...and I"M actually doing all the chatting...but you get my drift.....

OK!! Here is the necessary horrid doesn't-matter-how-you-try-to-style-it-it-will-still-look-horrid before shot.....

                                                                                   


It had already started it's transformation here...when I purchased this, a year or so ago from a church fete for about $2, it was topped with a lovely crusty brown vinyl cover on top....mmmmm....nice.....

So...first thing to do was rip off and promptly bin that vinyl cover, give it a good scrub all over and a sand.

Then...undercoat...

                                                                                   


Looking better already!! I did toy briefly with the idea of just leaving it all white (I know!! Shock right?!) but thought I'd best step out of my comfort zone and add a touch of colour.....

                                                                                 


That's right. Grey. And not too much grey. Just a little around the top. Don't want to go overboard and all crazy......

                                                                                 

Actually I'm really quite pleased with how this turned out. I know this whole 'dipped' thing is a craze with a time limit but I think it's added a little fun and interest to what was an old and tired stool.

Now...where to put it.......

                                                                                   

Anyone else got any projects or painting on the go? Keeps us out of trouble I say......

Have a fab week folks...............


                                                               Janelle  xx
                                                               

4 comments:

  1. Love it Janelle xx gorgeous colour combo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous! Grey and white are some of my fave interior colours. Yes we have a VERY MAJOR project going on right now! An entire renovation in fact! Some days I am just so over it…but the end is in sight…not really but I can pretend can’t I! Looking forward to baking again once our kitchen is ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janelle - I am about to embark on a dip stool project myself - and I was wondering if you could tell me the colour grey that you used? Thanks so much - i follow you on instagram and love your feed (@lyngeddes). Cheers

    Lyndal

    ReplyDelete