Friday, April 11, 2014

Project Pillow.....

Hello there! Well this week has kind of flown by hasn't it?! We've had a mix of school holiday activities, playdates and slobbing about the house. The last one is personally my favourite. So, I've kept my crafty hat on this past week too which was directed into the pillowcase arena with the arrival of some new bedding for the kiddos via Cotton On Kids. There has been quite the frenzy surrounding this release and I appear to have been lucky to get anything at all as a lot has already sold out. I decided to forego banging any pillowcases into my cart as I've been stashing away some cute fabric with this project in mind for awhile now. I've only just started but here's a little peek at one I finished for my daughter.....

                                                                                 

And yes...it IS rather bright.....

                                                                                     

But this child is definitely a rainbow kind of girl so really..the brighter the better in here!

                                                                                 

                                                                                 
She chose this quilt cover herself...her favourite colour is orange...I love the pink and orange together in the pillowcase fabric...and the contrast of the green blanket stitch is really pretty I think.....

                                                                                 

The next step in this room involves a new bed. Well, a new bed that has been dragged out from the back of a very generous friend's shed who has kindly donated it to us all in the name of good taste and style!!?! It's a gorgeous iron bed which we will paint up in a lovely bright colour just to add a little bit MORE colour into this rainbow cave...now, what colour......hhmmmm....

                                                                                   


Ok...that's it from me for this fine Friday...what's the plans for the weekend people?? I think a little more slobbing sounds a fantastic idea don't you?? Actually I wouldn't mind a bit of slobbing about with a good book and a pile of knitting in this bed.... it's looking way too cosy here.....

                                                                                   


Happy weekend folks....

                                                                                 

                                                                                       
...........


                                                                                        Janelle  xx
                                                                                                                                         

2 comments:

  1. Anything with polka dots on is a hit for sure!
    Just found your blog via Instagram. You do have the most beautiful home.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! So glad you found me! And YAY for polkadots!!! x

      Delete