Friday, March 21, 2014

Weekly Round Up in Black and White.....

Well Good Morning there! It's a dark, rainy kind of Friday here, haven't had one of those for awhile...goodness, I may even need a coat later...gasp!!!
Anyway...how's your week been? Treated you nicely I hope. I've been running a little slow due to sinus infection and the likes...not nice...but I shall soldier on...in the blogging spirit of things......

                                                                                 


So it seems my love for all things black and white is not waning....projects, paint and home furnishings all seem to be turning up black or white lately....
Example A...bunting I whipped up for my son this week...then promptly hung in his sister's room as it looked so much nicer in there....

                                                                                 


Example B....this little table that used to live in our living room...I originally found this at a garage sale, yucky orange timber and wobbly leg and all, and bought it thinking I could slap some paint on it and pop it out on the deck for the kids to draw on or for me to pop my cuppas on...suffice to say it never made it out there...it proved to be so handy to have in the lounge room but since I've painted up the new/old coffee table recently we were kind of running out of room in here! In the meantime little Miss 6 has been harping on about "needing" a desk in her room (for ALL those grade 1 homework assignments I'm presuming....) but I haven't been able to hunt down the right one soooooo....yep, we decided to drag the little white table into her room for now. Then....I had a spur of the moment thought last Sunday to slap a coat of chalkboard paint on the top so she could have a little fun with it.....

                                                                                 


Example C......that on-going crochet project. Technically not black but grey is close enough right? I am getting really close to finishing this and at just the perfect time too I'm thinking with the weather and nights getting cooler this is sure to be a winner.....

                                                                               

Example D..... My favourite sign in the house...this has yet to be hung on a wall so it just seems to have a life of it's own and can pop up anywhere in the house...I like it here at the moment. And the sisal rope I bought this week to perform a little facelift on that lamp base with...wish me luck with that one!!!

                                                                                   


And lastly...my very very very favourite vase at the moment...which I don't know if it is even a vase but that's what I'm using it for anyway...the black is actually chalkboard paint which I think is genius...though I haven't wanted to draw/write anything on it yet because it looks so clean and black and lovely as is!!

                                                                               


Okay...there we have it...black..white...grey...loving it all at the moment.....well, for this week anyway....

                                                                               


Have a fab weekend folks....

See you next week......



                                                                                      Janelle  xx                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment