Actually you know what...this one is so ridiculously easy you could almost drag your microwave into the living room, stick your feet up on the sofa and just press a few buttons. A little mild stirring is really the only physical activity required....
This recipe I have stolen from my lovely niece. With her permission of course!! It has A.L.O.T of sugar in it which kind of makes my teeth ache and my mind start tallying up dentist's bills but really...I think a little of this does go a long way and would make a perfect Christmas present, a great just-because treat or even a self-indulgent late night snack. Whatever it's purpose it is definitely eeeeeaaasssyyyyy to make....
Okay.....here we go......
3 cups brown sugar ( just look away and pour it in.....)
1 tin condensed milk
250g cooking chocolate (I used white. Please use whichever colour or shade you fancy)
140g margarine or butter
1. Place all ingredients EXCEPT for the chocolate into a glass/china cooking bowl
2. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, give it a stir, then pop it back into the microwave to cook for another 3 minutes
3. Break up your chocolate into smallish pieces and throw in the bowl and then microwave for a further 2 minutes.
4. Stir it gently and pour the mixture into a lined shallow slice tin
5. Pop in the fridge for at least a few hours
6. Cut into pieces
I mean seriously....how easy????!!
I'm so glad I now have this recipe in my recipe stash as I can see how handy it may be for last-minute parties, entertaining, satisfying a sweet craving that can occur unexpectedly at any given moment.......
So off you pop....dust off those microwaves, stock up on the sweet stuff and let me know how you go!!!
Have a fab week folks.......