However, before I do that I wanted to share, or rather re-hash, a recipe with you. It's my basic Jam Drop biscuit recipe which I have posted on here before but this time we decided to ditch the whole jam thing and smother the biscuit in icing and sprinkles. Sounds good yes??!!?
I'm not sure what one would call these now though. "Drops" just doesn't seem to get the mouth watering exactly does it??! We kind of think of them more as a honey biscuit so let's go with Honey Drops today shall we??
So here we go.......
115 grams butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar (I use organic raw)
2 (large!) teaspoons honey
1 cup self raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
1/4 cup cornflour, sifted
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
2. Place your butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together until pale and fluffy.
3. Now add the egg and honey and beat until all is well combined
4. Sift in your dry ingredients and mix together well with a wooden spoon, spatula or whatever takes your fancy.
5. Roll about a teaspoon of mixture into balls and place on a greased or lined baking tray. Give them a little gentle squash.
6. Pop in the oven for about 12-15 minutes.
7. Once you take them out of the oven let them sit on their tray for a few extra minutes to cool and then transfer them onto a cooling rack.
8. You could just simply leave them now and enjoy (in which case I would press them lightly with a fork before baking them) or once they are cool spread a little vanilla icing on top, sprinkle with sprinkly sprinkles and watch your family eat a whole lot of them.....
Pretty simple yes?? These really can be made very quickly and I do believe most kids (and big people too!) would enjoy them.
So off you pop and whip up a batch....you can thank me later!!!??!
Hope you have a great week!!
See you again soon................