Yes indeed, that is the unbeatable aroma of the good old fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookie you can smell. Would you like one with your cuppa??
Seriously...look at that scrumptious gooey chocolate.....mmmmmmm......
Ok, so this recipe I begged from a friend years ago, well I asked her nicely and she happily gave it to me, and I have been baking it quite a bit lately. I think everyone has a good stash of choc chip cookie recipes hanging about in their kitchen (or is that just me??) but it's this one that's hitting the spot at the moment.
Would you like the recipe? Yes of course you would.
As per usual I have swapped and changed a few things to suit myself, it's called creative licence or some such thing, so I'll give you the White Farm version today ok? Ok.......
Chocolate Chip Cookies
80 grams butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup self raising flour, sifted
3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
1/2 cup choc bits
1 tablespoon milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
2. In a bowl beat together the butter, vanilla and sugars
3. Add the egg and give that a beat too
4. Now stir through the flours, choc bits and milk
5. Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto greased or lined baking trays. The original recipe suggests "level tablespoons" which is fine but I often prefer to use a biggish teaspoon size and I get about 18 biscuits.
6. Pop them in the oven for approx 12 minutes
7. Once out let them cool a few minutes on the trays then transfer them to a cooling rack
8. You really must try these warm while the chocolate is still gooey.
9. No really, I insist
Easy yes?!! And I promise you your family will love you a little bit extra after you have baked these for them....
That's if you save any for anyone else. And there's a chance that you won't.......
Let me know if you try these and how many you eat in one sitting ok??
Enjoy and Happy Baking!!!