Hello there and Good Evening!!!
Squeezing in a little baking post tonight....are we up for it?? Did somebody mention easy-as-throwing-in-a-bowl-and-mixing-chocolate-cake????? Yep...I do believe I am up for that!!!
This is a cake I tend to make a.l.o.t. It is so quick and simple to whip up in those moments that you just need cake.
It literally just calls for you to toss all the ingredients into a bowl, mix it up and throw it in the oven. Done.....
In fact it is so simple it's name is.....Chocolate Simplicity Cake.
So......on with the show...............
60 grams butter, melted
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup raw sugar (or 'normal' white sugar if that is what you have)
1/2 cup milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
2. Melt butter (I do this in a seperate small bowl so I can set it aside to cool off a bit whilst I am faffing with the other stuff)
3. Place all ingredients in a large-ish bowl
4. Beat. For a few minutes.
5. Pour mixture into a greased and lined cake tin. Sometimes I use your average round sponge tin. You could use a log tin. My favourite at the moment is this round ring tin. I love the way it takes the whole hassle out of wondering "is my cake cooked in the middle??" (doesn't everyone have that hassle??!?) and it's a cute shape. Makes cutting the cake a breeze too. Hmmm...yes.....back to the recipe......
6. Bake cake for approx 40 minutes.
7. Let cool in tin for a few minutes before tipping it out onto a cake rack to cool completely.
8. Ice. Eat. Enjoy.
This time I just smothered it in a basic chocolate icing then sprinkled coconut all over..... Mmmmmmmmm........
And then licked up the dripping icing from in the middle. Because I'm neat and tidy like that......
Ok.....now it's your turn!! Trust me please.....you NEED to bake this cake. It will improve your life.
Have a Happy Evening..................