Good afternoon out there!! We are enjoying a kind-of lazy Sunday at home today...aaanndd doing a spot of baking so I figured why not share one of our recipes with you guys...
This is a quick and easy no-bake slice my kids LOVE...of course!!...it's a slice...it's a caramel slice...what's not to love for heavens sake!!?!
My eleven year old daughter whipped this up...icing and all...it may not have made THE prettiest pics but I absolutely love that she's experimenting and enjoying playing in the kitchen lately...a fab life skill not to mention really handy to live with!!
Ok...on with the important business...
1 packet Marie Biscuits -crushed
3 tablspns condensed milk
4oz butter - chopped
2 tablspn brown sugar
1 tablspn golden syrup
1. Throw all ingredients MINUS the biscuits into a large-ish saucepan and stir over a low heat until everything is all melted together. But don't let it boil. (gettin bossy!!?!!)
2. Take mixture off the heat and toss in the crushed biscuits...stir through.
3. Scoop and press the mixture into a lined slice tray. Pop in the fridge to cool.
4. Once cool spread vanilla icing on top. We added 1 teaspoon of custard powder to the icing for a little extra something (not sure what that something actually is but it tastes really good!?)
5. Pop your iced slice back into the fridge until all is set then pull out..cut into pieces..and ENJOY!!!
As usual would love to hear if you try this...
There are now chocolate banana muffins being whipped up in the kitchen as I tap away here...mmmmm...smelling goooood too!!
Have a fab week lovelies...I'm hoping to pop back in here later in the week with a few finished painting projects...
See ya soon.....