Good morning....would you like to come in for some bikkies and tea?......ok then......
Thought I might share this quick, easy and downright tasty recipe for ginger biscuits today......I'm not sure where this originates from....we used to bake and eat these as kids.....possibly it's come from some fabulous cwa recipe book of my mum's or grandmother??.......anyway here it is......I highly recommend!!.......
1 1/2 cups SR flour
5 ozs butter
3 ozs sugar
lemon essence (I don't usually have this in my pantry so I either don't bother with it or just squeeze in some
1 dessert spoon golden syrup
1 teasp ginger powder
1/2 teasp nutmeg powder
1. Cream the butter and sugar.
2. Add the lemon essence and golden syrup and beat a little more.
3. Fold through the sifted flour, ginger and nutmeg.
4. Grab yourself a couple of greased or lined baking trays.
5. Roll the cookie mix into balls and press a fork into them to make the pretty lines on top!
6. Pop them into a 180degree oven (the recipe says this but I don't usually have the temp this high....maybe
160-170) for 10-15 mins (I'd check after 10, these were about 13mins and just edging on the dark brown
side of things!)
7. Place on cooling tray (any vintagey ones lying about?? They look so lovely!?!)
8. Actually try eating these whilst still warm.....yuuuuuuum.
Now go grab a pretty cup and plate and make yourself a good cuppa......
Have a lovely Monday.......and happy baking!!.......