Friday, October 10, 2014

Anzac Biscuits.......

Hello there and Happy Friday to you!!

I have a little recipe to share today...it's of an old fave...Anzac Biscuits. I've tried a few different recipes for these, all pretty much along the same lines, and this one is again very similar but it's always nice to try something new...

                                                                                   

                                                                                         

I found myself baking these after my daughter requested more "healthier" snacks. Gasp!!! What is wrong exactly UNhealthy about my baking??!!?? But I did get where she was coming from. Recently she had the privilege of attending an information day with some of the top sport coaches, pysios and nutritionists and obviously was paying attention?!! However I take this as a positive and anything I can do as a personal chef mother to encourage a healthier lifestyle for my family I am willing to give a go. So I am currently on the look out for a few more healthier but-for-the-love-of-us-all t.a.s.t.y snacks. I am also refusing to give up cupcakes and the likes...that would just be plain silly yes?! But I see this as a bit of a challenge...and of course anything I find and which passes the taste-tests I will be sharing with you guys!!

Sooooo......where were we?? Oh yes..Anzacs...I do put these little biscuits into the rather healthy biscuit jar. I have also reduced the amount of sugar from the original recipe and used raw. Shall we just get on with the recipe now???!

                                                                                     
                                                                   
                                             Anzac Biscuits

 Ingredients

1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted (or not, I often just tip it straight in from the jar - rebel baker)
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup raw sugar
3/4 cup coconut
150grams butter, chopped
2 tablspns golden syrup
1/2 teaspn bi-carb soda
1 1/2 tablsp water

Method

1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees

2. In a bowl tip your flour, oats, sugar and coconut. Give a little stir to combine them.

3. In a saucepan melt the butter and golden syrup.

4. Mix the bi-carb with the water then tip into the melted butter mix. (remove the saucepan from the heat before you add the bicarb)

5. Add the butter etc to the dry ingredients and stir through to combine it all.

6. Roll mixture into balls about a tablspn size. Place onto greased/lined trays and slightly flatten with your hand.

7. Bung in the oven for approx 10-12 minutes. Allow them to cool on the trays for a few minutes then transfer to your cooling racks.

Done!!

                                                                                   


So easy, so tasty and so satisfying!!

I'm off to scoff one or two before picking up the kids. Have a fab weekend....

                                                                               


Happy baking!!


                                                         Janelle  xx


No comments:

Post a Comment