So what we have here is some good old muesli bars. With the added addition of the very good old choc chip. Mmmmmmm. Now these were baked yesterday by my daughters. They love to bake which I love...the mess I have to clean up afterwards not quite so much but hey....gotta start somewhere right?! So, as per usual, once these were whipped up, popped in the oven, and spoons and bowls licked sufficiently, the 2 little chefs disappeared. Completely. With no timer, buzzer, oven beeper, anything time-related set.....
Which accounts for the, errmmm, darkish shade to them. Anyway, burnt food aside, these are still a really easy and tasty and relatively healthy snack for the whole fam. And if you use DARK choc chips I think we'd be almost hitting super food territory yes?? Yes. For sure.
Ok...here we go with the business then......
Choc Chip Muesli Bars
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup coconut
1/3 cup raw sugar
1 tblspn honey OR golden syrup
choc chips - however much you'd like
1. Preheat your oven to 150 degrees
2. In a bowl toss in your oats, flour, coconut and raw sugar. Give a little stir.
3. In a small saucepan melt your butter and honey/golden syrup
4. Pour your melted mix into your dry ingredients, stir it all through until well combined.
5. Tip mixture into a greased/lined slice tin and press it so it's pretty and even.
6. Bake for about 15-20 mins. Keep checking if you have a hot oven.
7. Once it's cooked and out of the oven and still warm cut the slice into pieces. Remove from tin once it's cold.
These are really great for school lunch boxes too. And really, you can throw in whatever you fancy...sultanas, apricots, nuts....I just think they make a great alternative to the ones we pick up off of the supermarket shelves.....
Have a good one folks......