Let's jump straight into it today with a little weekend baking recipe shall we?.............
Yes today we are tackling the good old Carrot Muffin............
Although 'tackling' is really quite inappropriate when it comes to these little guys. I adapted this recipe from one I stumbled across online. They are super tasty and ridiculously quick and easy to make. And with the addition of carrots AND apple they really should be considered a health food.... Super food even??..........
Anyways....on with the business.........
8 ozs (225gm) self raising flour (I sifted but probs don't have to)
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/2 teaspn ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspn ground nutmeg
150ml veg oil
2 eggs (lightly beaten...if you can be bothered)
3 medium or 2 large carrots - grated
1-2 apples - grated
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Add in the oil, eggs, carrots and apples. Fold all together but don't over-do it, muffins don't like to be played with too much.
4. Now spoon your mixture (it will seem really thick but it cooks up lovely and moist!) into the muffin tins (I used the large-ish muffin size tins which makes 12) that you've either greased or lined with lovely little muffin liners.
5. Bake for approx 25-30 minutes.
6. Once you have them out of the oven leave them in the tin for a few extra minutes then tip them out onto a cooling rack.
7. Try eating them warm...delicious!!!
Now when I first set about making these I didn't intend to actually ice them, they are really yummy (and healthier?) just as they are. However one of my children suggested spreading them with "some of that yummy creamy icing stuff" which I interpreted as cream cheese icing...
To make this yummy creamy icing stuff I just beat together.....
250gm tub cream cheese (at room temp)
4 tablespoons icing sugar
Grated lemon rind (approx 2 teaspn)
This does make alot of icing so you could just half the ingredients. Or do as we did and find another cake to ice with it!
Okay...so there you have a lovely, simple and definately tasty recipe to try out over the weekend...
Hope you enjoy!!................